Thursday, October 23, 2008

A scary day yesterday...

I was at work , when around 11am I got a call from my Sean. He asked me if I was busy, and if I could come home. When I asked why, his answer was 'I fell off the roof' OMG, my heart sank. I immediately left work, and raced home (thank goodness no police where anywhere around) When I got there he was still lying on the deck. Seems he was coming off the roof when he stepped on the ladders first rung and it gave way and fell down, with Sean falling on top of the ladder. He managed to crawl over into the sunlight and a dry spot (the deck was covered in snow) but couldn't get any further as the terrace door was locked. I opened the door and he managed to crawl on all 4's to the livingroom floor, but the pain was excrutiating :(
I called 911 and the ambulance came, and took him to the hospital. After about 5 hours we were told he had broken his back and a rib. The back fracture was a stable one, meaning it wasn't broke right through so they won't operate at this point. In a couple of days they are going to re-xray everything and hopefully it'll be the same. If so, they say it should heal nicely on it's own.

My heart just breaks when I see him in that much pain, I would give anything to be able to take it away from him.

Hug those that are close to you, things can change is such a quick moment :)

3 comments:

Peggy said...

OMG T (((HUGS))) I will keep him and you in my prayers.

Eryn said...

Oh T, so sorry to hear this. Hugs to you and your family and I hope your DH will be okay.

jenn said...

OMG (((hugs))) glad to read above he is okay...that is super scary :(