Saturday, November 1, 2008

Saturday Night...

and i'm sitting here with my hubby watchng the leaf game. He's doing much better, able to get around better then a week ago, that's for sure. I need to get my routine back. I always have my computer open and surf the sites while I scrap, and since the accident, I have brought my computer out to the livingroom to give Sean something else to do during the week besides watch TV. There are so many layouts I want to do...so I need to get back to it.

My good friends dad passed on this week. It was the girl we went to Mexico with. He has had lung cancer, diagnosed in March of 2007 but it was still as shock. No one was expecting it. His wife had taken him to the hospital, because he wouldn't eat or drink, and she was afraid he would dehydrate...so they sat in emerg from 10am Monday morning, until his death. He was talking, and laughing with the nurses and his wife, as they discussed how the experimental drug he was on was working (it was proven to have shrunkt he lung tumors, but his cancer had spread, so while he knew it wouldn't cure him, he was hoping it would help others) when all of a sudden, he bled out :( Something had burst inside him, and within 45 seconds he was gone.

Don't take things for granted, it can change in the blink of an eye!

1 comment:

Karan said...

im sorry to hear of your loss, its such a horrible disease...

hugs T

i recently lost a brother in law to cancer, they gave him 18 months and he died 18 months after he was diagnosed..