Thursday, February 18, 2010

And away we goooooooo

I had my PICC line put in on Tuesday...wasn't too bad, in the long run it'll be so much more convenient. There was a mix up getting my home care nurse figured out...but it's all done now. All had to do with their boundaries and where we lived. She was supposed to come yesterday and change the dressings on the line and flush it but no one came. It's all straigtened out now!!!

I went for my first treatment today. So far so good...no nausea or anything. The drugs they have now are pretty good apprarently...so I'm in the mind set that I can control this ...which I should be able to! It only took about 2 hours to administer..so that was even better.

There is so much to read, learn, remember...it's not overwhelming...it's just that there is SO much! But I have nothing else to really do at the moment but read.

Sean and I stopped and picked up my wig...not sure how much i'll wear it, but it's good to have...for when I do lose my hair. Who knows, maybe i'll be comfortable with just wearing a head scarf. I picked up one of them today too...and it's PINK and looks pretty awesome if I do say so myself.

I signed up for a ' Look Good , Feel Good' class. They teach you how to do exactly that while on treatments...and how to do makeup so you don't look so sick etc. Apparently when you are done you walk away with upwards of $400 worth of cosmetics. SWEEEEEEET

I'll try and keep this updated as I go along...and hopefully add in some everyday stuff too....not all about 'being sick'

Next treatment...March 11!!!!!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oh T I hope you keep feeling good. (((HUGS)))

Tracey said...

T You have the perfect attitude I admire that a lot!!
Tracey