Friday, February 5, 2010

So...........

Sean and I went to Toronto on the 3rd...and found out the surgeon wants to do chemo first...to try and shrink the tumor and kill any other cells that might be floating around...so I have to go back and see her (the surgeon) on the 5th of May. In the meantime, they are referring me to Barrie to do the treatments...since Barrie is only 40 minutes from me. Much more convenient for travel purposes.

I had to go back to Toronto the 4th for a MUGA scan. This is a scan of my heart...sort of like the before pictures. Some chemo's are very damaging to the heart muscle so once I start chemo they'll likely do another one of these tests to make sure there isn't any damage being done to my heart.

SO, lets hope I hear soon from the Barrie hospital, and get this going ...maybe if everyone prays for me...the chemo will make the tumor disappear completely :)

I'm scared...I've never been sick in my life...with anything....never broken a bone, never had stitches.....I guess maybe that's a good thing...

Thanks to everyone who is wishing me well...believe me it helps knowing I've got some pretty cool friends...both IRL and virtually!

XOXO

5 comments:

Laurie (Wally) said...

Prayers you got them...
XO

Just 'T' said...

thanks so much Laurie...I really really appreciate it

Tracey said...

Thinking of you T.((HUUGS))

Suzanne said...

All the best to you T!

pajl said...

Lovin ya T!
Always here for ya...