Friday, March 26, 2010

Holy frozen melon batman~~~

It's freakin cold outside...what the heck happened to our warm weather? It's nice and sunny, but there isn't a whole lot of heat with that sun~ I'm sure glad I'm going into summer with this baby butt bald head of mine...going into winter would be just...wayyyyyy too cold :)

Sean and I just got back from getting our mail (because of course the post office decided stopping at our mail boxes that have been in the same spot for over 30 years was now unsafe so they put in a community mail box ...4 km's or so away from where I live ) and in it I had a parcel from a super awesome friend of mine..Paulette. She sent me two books...one 'Every Moment Counts' by John St. Augustine and the other 'The Little Pink Ribbon Book' ...which are little stories of inspiration, support and hope. I've already read the little one and let me tell ya...there are lots of wise little stories in there. Here's one "The doctors will take care of your body, your family will take care of your errands, only you can feed your soul" --Bridget Mooney
HOW TRUE IS THAT~!~

Thank you so much Paulette...I am really looking forward to reading the other one too...

Denise (another super awesome friend) has sent me a few books as well and she's also sending me scrapbook kits( from her and Paulette) to keep me busy. Let me tell ya...my one piece of advise for anyone going through something like this...STAY BUSY...It helps so much~and keeps your mind from dwelling on what's happening to you...instead to live your life for the most part the way you did before. Many have said to continue working if you can...I chose not too...and sure as heck not because we can afford to have me NOT work...but because I don't work with very compassionate people...and the stress of dealing with them everyday would be worse then staying home.

Live every day to the fullest...don't feel sorry for yourself, be happy...

Keep Smilin'

5 comments:

Sassette said...

T, you aren't kidding about the COLD! Man o man, Spring needs to come back LOL

It is always a great day when you get goodies in the mail like that! How awesome for you! It is always good to keep busy, helps to focus and put the energy into good play! Lots of creating is getting done by you too, and I love seeing your pages!

Sooooo.....how does it work if you get a box in the mail??? Curiouser and curiouser!!! LOL:)

Scrap~tures said...

You are very welcome my friend! Anything to keep that healthy attitude of yours sparked up! :) Love seeing it in you.

Just 'T' said...

Well Lisa...LOL ...there are big compartments on the bottom of one of the 'community' boxes...and if I get something, I get a key in my box...to open the bigger box :) It's actually better that way..I used to have to drive 15 minutes to the post office but now I get them when I get my regular mail...and it even fit the pizza box Denise sent me :) YAYYYYYYY

pajl said...

awhh you are welcome T..
Enjoy reading them and applying them both to your journey my friend!
Will always be here for ya...xo

Michelle said...

So nice to find goodies in the mail!! They certainly brighten a girls' day!! Hoping it will warm up soon.