Monday, March 29, 2010

What makes people say the things they do...

So, yesterday Sean and I had to run to town to pick Reece up from her sleepover...and of course I brought my camera in case I saw something worth taking a picture of. When I turned it on to check out that picture Sean took of me, I saw my battery was pretty much dead...so I asked him to stop at the hardware store (it's the only place in town to get the battery I need, which sucks..it's was so expensive) and I saw a good friend of ours. I hadn't seen her since I quit working, because I really don't go very many places. Jody works at the hardware store and luckily they were slow, so when I was at the till, she asked where I'd been...as she hadn't seen me in a while. SO, I told her what's been going on with me..she couldn't believe it...because of course she knows Sean isn't working either...but of course in my upbeat way I said "oh well, could always be worse" which it could...so then she says "I knew something was up...your face is puffy" I said..."what? " she said" your face is puffy, chemo can do that, so I knew something was up"...OY...Sean's grandfather said I was thin in the face...and I've lost weight not gained it. SO I sort of chuckled and then left.

OK, so do people seriously not think before they open their mouths? Even if it were true (which I'm sticking with IT'S NOT LOL) why would someone feel the need to say that to someone who is going through all that I'm going through. Gee, you've got cancer, you are going through chemo and you've lost all your hair...and YOUR FACE IS PUFFY...hahahahahahahahaha...OK...so I'll just chalk all this up to ' some people are just dumb'

I have met a lot of people in my life...some who have been sick, some who have gained weight over the years, some who have lost their jobs...I couldn't imagine being so insensitive that you say something to kick them when they are already down...but hey...I guess that's what makes me AWESOME~~~hahahahahahahahaha

SOOOOOO It's Monday...not that that day means anything...since every day is a weekday for me...but it's CHEMO week...I go Thursday for round #3...wow, half way through...is time flying or is it me? I'm not however looking forward to surgery...I've never had any surgery before...or had anything wrong with me..so I must confess...as tough as I am...I'm a little bit scared to be put under...and wake up likely in pain....I know it's something I have to go through...but I don't want to (stomping my feet) ok...tantrum over~~

Have a super wonderful day...

Keep Smilin'

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

Wow I'm speechless which is exactly what she should have been! (((HUGS))) T!

Michelle said...

I am so sorry!! I guess I am just speechless. I just don't know what to say. I know everything you are going thru is hard... Thinking of you and wishing all the best. You are in my thoughts. I would be scared too. I have never had surgery before either. Sending lots of hugs!!!

Laurie (Wally) said...

Hey T... it is comletely normal to be a little bit scared to be put under...
but you will do fine.. always thinking of you ALWAYS!!!

More like....etc. said...

I'll bet that the person with the foot in her mouth didn't relize what she said was hurtful -let's hope anyway. I think she definitely should have kept her mouth shut! {hugs}

I bet you won't wake up feeling pain ;) and if you do, ring for more drugs! ;)
I'm sure you'll be just fine! :D

Sassette said...

T, I am so sorry that you have to deal with such dumb people from time to time. It must be really tough, but you should just chalk it up to ignorant bliss.
Honestly, there was no need for the comment, especially after you had just finished telling her what was going on. It was just so unnecessary! Some people just have no class at all.
I know how hard it has to be to explain things to people, and you always have this strong and positive outlook on everything, no matter what the reaction or what they have to say! You are AWESOME--truly!!!
I will keep you in my thoughts when you have surgery! Keep the faith!

pajl said...

Yep..what a stupid ass!
Crazy!
and you are right..it is what makes you, you & Awesome!
Wishing you the best for this week..and upcoming surgery!
xo

Scrap~tures said...

Well I personally think you look amazing considering what is being pumped through your poor body! You're positive attitude shines through everything T and that's what makes you awesome!!