Monday, April 19, 2010

And just how is your Monday going???

Sean and I decided to get rid of our old washer and dryer today...take it to the metal recycling place. No sense having it sit around in the way. We were paid $24.00 hahahahaha doesn't sound like much, but hey..that means the "NEW" to me washer and dryer now only cost us $76.00 so BONUS. Then we had to run into Alliston to pick up a few groceries and take back some beer bottles and a couple wine bottles. On the way I said...lets pick up any we see in the ditch..what the heck. Helps to clean up the roads and puts a few cents in our pocket. It still amazes me at that people drink and drive...well we found beer bottles and beer cans...but then on one road, about 150 feet apart I found these TWO win bottles. WHO DOES THAT...drinks a big bottle of wine while driving..unbelievable!!SO then we stopped to get our mail on the way home...and I found a small package inside the mailbox. I see the name and address from New Brunswick..and I knew who it was from but was curious as to what was in it. So I ripped it open to find this..OMG, how adorable is this? It's from my friend Tracey...she's such a sweetheart~She lives in Ontario, but her sister Tina lives in New Brunswick and makes these from Scrabble tiles..how amazing!!
Here is the addy to Tina's Etsy shop...stop by and maybe you'll find something you like!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SCPendants

I feel so lucky to have some really special people in my life..people that care and send me little things to brighten my day!!!

We went to Sean's aunts yesterday for a birthday dinner for his grandmother. I was so tired and didn't really feel like going, but it's one of those things. His grandmother is 84 and ...not in the best of health..a bit of dementia setting in so we went anyway. I am glad I did..although saw a couple of Sean's step sisters, who last time completely ignored me and now are hugging me...and talking to me. Pretty sad that I have to get sick for people to treat me like a human being but oh well...made me giggle. I did however have a good chat with his aunt ..who 6 years ago had breast cancer too...and of course offered any help she could...since she has been through exactly what I'm going through so that was nice.

I'm also participating in Ali Edwards ' A Week In Your Life' which means I have to really try to document an entire week in my life. This week is a good week to do it, I have chemo this week so I'm hoping to be able to take a few pics there. I plan to do a 8 1/2 x 11 album of this week, then maybe do it again next year...just to see how my life changes over the course of a year. I am hoping my routine changes enough to not be boring, and that people don't think I'm whacked in the chemo suite for taking pics hahahahahaha


Keep Smilin'






5 comments:

Sassette said...

T, it totally amazes me how people can drink and drive....and throw the bottles out the window. Lack of RESPECT for themselves, others and the environment. Geesh!

Nice necklace pendant. Your friend's sister does nice work. These are really cute!

Glad that you went out and enjoyed your time out with Sean's family. A birthday like that is something very special and you will be glad that you didn't miss out.
As for family that are now hugging you......sometimes you just can't help but giggle. It is terrible that something has to be wrong with you before you get notice or treated properly. Someday they will see how wrong they were, and at least now they are making an effort. Try not to giggle to loud!!!

HUGS

Suzanne said...

Awww how sweet of Tracey! I've found that sometimes doing what I don't feel like doing is the best thing for me. Glad you got out and enjoyed some family time and I'm glad they were nice to you. Too bad we have to be reminded how fragile life is to behave sometimes.

pajl said...

Beautiful site T...nice original idea that is for sure!

T...hard to believe that people did not appreciate you prior to the Cancer Dx...
You show them my friend what you have always been about...
Smile~

KrystalCaitlyn said...

Im so shocked my "aunts" did a 180 and decided to hug you. NOT. oh well, at least you know how they really are, so just take it at face value :) So, I do believe its time you come see me! <3 . I love you.

Laurie (Wally) said...

T... I love this.. made me think how I treat people.. I so hope that I am not mean like that..."
Pretty sad that I have to get sick for people to treat me like a human being but oh well...made me giggle"

So glad that you cleaned up and the enviroment and yes Money in your pocket even if it is 10c...
Always thinking of you...