Wednesday, June 9, 2010

B.O.M (Book Of Me)

I've never considered doing one...until now. Sophie at Lovebug Scrapbooking has posted a challenge to do a BOM the size of a deck of cards ...Here is the info..





Are you up to a year-long project? Some time ago, there was this discussion about ATC's and what we can use them for... I told you I had a special project for you... Now it's time to start it! It'll take you 10-15 minutes every week. At the end, you'll have a very special and artistic Book of Me (because you are important and because future generations will want to know who you are, I think it is essential that you create at least a BOM in your scrapbooker life!). For this, you'll need a deck of cards (or Bazzill cut to playing card size, or whatever size you want). A regular playing card is 2.5X3.5". You'll also need a storing place for them. You can create a felt or fabric pocket (4X5") or repurpose a small box. Because each card will be thicker than the original playing card, you'll need something larger than the original case! Each week (on Sundays), I'll write a challenge for you to use on your card. I'll make sure you have a BOM theme, and will try to pair it with a technical challenge. You'll be free to create the style of ATC cards you want. It is *your* BOM, so it has to show part of who you are! You can use, or not, pictures on the card. It's more of an artsy project than a typical scrapbooking project.

So here's mine for week 1...

Click HERE to see this weeks challenge

I'm hoping to be able to keep up all year. They really don't take very much time at all, but this summer will prove interesting with everything going on with me...but here's hoping~

Keep Smilin'

3 comments:

Sassette said...

OK, I love this idea!!!! I might just have to find some time to play along with you on this one!!!!

Laurie (Wally) said...

Great idea.. but I have learned that I need to say NO... I tend to take on too much.. I love your card T... I can't wait to see more...

Denise Gay said...

This is a great idea! I already have an album going but this is a great way to do one up, simple and easy.