Thursday, July 1, 2010

Doing a happy dance here!!!

Yesterday I had to meet with the surgeon to consult before surgery. I also had to have a mammogram before the consult...OUCH is all I can say...sheesh...I am amazed that with all the technology they can't come up with a more accurate machine that doesn't squish a body part like that..I think it must have been a man who invented it..I wonder if we women made a machine that squished a male body part like that...would someone then come up with a new machine hahahahahahahahaha Ok, enough of that

On June 14th I went for my MRI to check the results of the chemotherapy. The surgeon told me yesterday that I've responded very well. When I started this journey and found the lump it was aprox 5.4 cm which is considered quite large. Now, the tumor is LESS THEN 1 CM..
I'm still amazed..and so was the surgeon. I actually now have to have a procedure done before surgery where a radiologist using an ultra sound machine puts in wires on either side of the tumor so when the surgeon goes into to remove it, she knows exactly where it is..because it's SO FREAKIN SMALL...

My surgery has been booked for July 13th...and yes I'm still scared... I'll be in overnight which will be a new thing for me as well. This is being done at Princess Margaret Hospital in Toronto. I've still never heard from the Barrie surgeon. She requested a copy of the MRI two weeks ago, but whether or not she received it, I have no idea so I figured I might as well just book it and get it over with.

My only advice to anyone who is or ends up facing something that you aren't sure you can handle...STAY POSITIVE!!!!!


Keep Smilin'

5 comments:

Sassette said...

T, I am so excited and am doing that happy dance right along side of you! I am so happy that through all of this there is some good news for you! Know that staying positive pays off and I am just so glad that goods news has finally come your way! FANFREAKINTASTIC!!!!!

Scrap~tures said...

Wonderful wonderful news my friend!! Keep on dancing!!! :)

pajl said...

T..you know we are your biggest supporters!
Thrilled to hear the news...could'nt have made my day more so with that good news...xo

Mary said...

What great news, T. I am happy for you, Sean and the kids.

Laurie (Wally) said...

YEAH T... this is great news... I bet you are excited.. you are so right staying positive is the only way to be... you are always on my mind...