Monday, July 19, 2010

Why does everything have to be so difficult...



Remember when I mentioned about those organizations that help out breast cancer patients? Well I applied to one and man..it was hard to do. Sean and I have always been independent..so asking in the first place was tough..but the application in my opinion is ridiculous. They wanted all sorts of income information..ok that makes sense. Then a medical person (either the doctor or social worker has to sign that the info is true and correct) ok, that makes sense too...They wanted tax returns from last year and notice of assessments from the government. Ok sent those..so I get a letter two weeks ago saying I needed to send ORIGINAL grocery receipts (which I didn't keep because I didn't know I needed to) and a parking log since the hospital didn't' give receipts for all the money we've spent parking. OK, so done...I had to send copies of bank statements to prove groceries but no biggie..done...SOOOOOOO

I get an email today saying they need my COMPLETE tax return. I thought I had sent it so when I asked her she said No, that I sent a summary...they need the entire thing. It's 32 freakin pages long, that I would have to print off..and I was working last year..so this makes no sense to me what so ever...I didn't stop working until February of this year. It's like I said to Sean, if I made 100 thousand dollars last year, I wouldn't be asking for help...and they have the Notice of Assessment from the government..which is the FINAL tax summary.

So basically I said I wasn't printing off 32 pages and mailing it out...that they might as well mail me back all my ORIGINAL documents and I'll worry about all this crap myself. Honestly...it's like they don't believe that we need help.


Makes me laugh..A Notice of Assessment can be accepted as proof of income to do a mortgage but they won't accept it to give me help with a couple bills...sheesh..


Still haven't heard from the government disability pension either, so I'm going onto month 2 with zero income..and it kills me almost every day that we can't do anything with Reece..not even something small. I have no idea how I'm going to get her the back to school stuff she needs, but I'm sure we'll figure something out!!
Man, it just ticks me off.....especially when their mission statement is

"To provide assistance to women/men in order to make their fight with breast cancer a little less challenge" ....well I'd say they make it VERY CHALLENGING to even be accepted.
Anyhow, I thought I'd share a couple photo's...I was on the 18th floor of Princess Margaret Hospital..and boy did I wish I had my camera ...Sean and Reece brought it down when they came to pick me up and took these shots...those were the view from my room. It was so pretty at night, with the entire city lit up. I honestly don't consider Toronto a 'pretty place' but when you see the sky line all it up at night, it's gorgeous...



I am pretty sure I get some of the staples out tomorrow. There is quite a bit of bruising under my arm, but I heal fast so that's good. They take out alternate staples apparently so with any luck on Wednesday the drain and the balance of the staples will be removed. That should make for an easy sleep at night at least.

That's all for today..have a good one~~

Keep Smilin'

5 comments:

More like....etc. said...

wow T that really bites! :(

I hope you are able to get some sort of financial help... I've been doing as much as I can to keep the summer inexpensive myself. wishing you well :)
{hugs}

Sassette said...

T, I am so sorry that you have been having a terrible time trying to get some help! They really do know how to make things difficult. Honestly.....I don't understand them sometimes.
I am glad to hear that you are healing well and that you will be getting the staples out soon. Hopefully life will slow down soon and I will get to spend more time online so we can catch up again!
I miss our daily chats.

Michelle said...

Oh man, I am so sorry to hear all of this!!! I feel so bad. I wish you lived closer. I would throw a benefit for you to help raise money. Do they do those up there?? They do them alot here.

Email me your address.. mommapaparazzi@hotmail.com. I can send you a few things for Reece for school. Money is pretty tight here too. But, when Target has their supplies on sale, it is an awesome sale!! I can throw a small package together. Won't be everything she will need, as postage is spendy too. But every little bit helps. :)

Laurie (Wally) said...

Hang in there T... it will all come together... you are one strong cookie...
(((HUGS)))

pajl said...

Yep T..this too shall pass!
xo
So glad to hear that things are healing...