Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Wow, Time Flies...

Hard to believe it's been 7 days since surgery...and today I had 6 of the 12 staples removed..yayyyyyy. The tape that's being used to hold the gauze on is leaving my skin red and sore...seems I've developed a bit of an adhesive allergy..likely from chemo. Also chemo has cause medical menopause..which I can't say is bothering me one little bit ...hahahahahaha...I'm hoping it'll last...sometimes it does~~funny how there is always something good that comes from something you think is bad~
I got for my Herceptin treatment this week too (yay, another needle poke..or make that two hahahaha) so I think I'm going to make an appointment with the dietitian at the hospital. I need to eat better...and lose weight. I can't afford Weight Watchers right now, so I'm going to do this on my own. We eat fairly good now, but I know it could be improved and I'm pretty sure we don't eat the required number of servings that we should so hopefully she'll give us some advice. It's proven that losing weight helps to prevent the cancer from reoccurring which is exactly what I am aiming for!!
Nothing else really happening around here...might work on something scrappy this afternoon. Beautiful sunny day so I might just soak up a wee bit of vitamin D this afternoon, and yes I know a lot of sun isn't good for you either so it'll only be a small dose~
have a wonderful day
Keep Smilin'

1 comment:

Wendance Designs said...

Glad to hear everything is going so well!!! Keep your strength up - WTG!