Friday, July 16, 2010

Yay, it's Friday...


hard to believe it's been 3 days since surgery...I've had the dressings changed twice..the nurse came last night around 5pm and again this morning at 9:30am...I have dissolving stitches closing the incision on my breast but staples closing the one under my arm. Apparently they look good , according to the nurse...so we'll see. My arm is mighty stiff though...and completely numb on the underside which is normal. The numbness can last forever in some cases...I'm hoping not in mine. I'm doing my exercises to keep everything working properly...last thing I need is 'frozen shoulder' which I guess is quite common as people are afraid to move their arms very much. We were told that frozen shoulder can sometimes take months to fix and recover from so it's not something I want...so exercises it is~~~
These beautiful flowers arrived yesterday , they are from Paulette..my very dear friend. It's amazing how fresh beautiful smelling flowers can just make everything that much better. They are simply gorgeous. I love when a breeze comes through and all I can smell are the flowers....Thank you so much Paulette...you are truly a wonderful friend~

I also received a card from the lady that has been going through her treatments the same time I was. She's finally finished with hers as well and is in complete remission. Inside that card were two gift cards to Subway...I was stunned. She's had so much on her plate this last few months too. She thought it would be nice if Sean didn't have to worry about making a few meals for us, and to just let him worry about taking care of me instead of feeding us..wasn't that just awesome of her~

I can't shower until the drain comes out...which might sound bad, but hey..Sean volunteered to 'wash me' so how bad can not showering really be hahahahahahahaha...He's pretty good at being my nurse...and to be honest, the fringe benefits are pretty cool too!!! :) :) :) He's such a sweetheart....offering to get me anything I might need to be more comfortable.....I'm not sure where I'd be without him through all this~~

OK, so that's enough typing for now...it's good to keep my arm moving, but it sure tires me out fast too...

Thanks again for all your well wishes, the power of positive vibes is an amazing thing!!

Keep Smilin'

3 comments:

Laurie (Wally) said...

Great flowers... stay strong my friend... love how positive you are... Keep stong...

More like....etc. said...

I'm so happy to hear that all is going to good!! keep it up! :D gorgeous flowers T! I think of you EVERYTIME I see pink! ;) just so ya know... Hugs!!!

Sassette said...

T, I am so glad that you are doing so well since your surgery! I just can't believe how long it is since I have really gotten to sit and chat with you. You are always in my thoughts and prayers, girl!