Wednesday, September 8, 2010

1 down 20 to go...



First radiation treatment done..piece of cake....literally takes 45 seconds for shot for which I get 2! Today I am going to get my blood work done as well, save time tomorrow. Tomorrow I have my doctors appointment (which is pointless) and my Herceptin on Friday. The reason I say pointless is because my blood counts aren't affected with Herceptin so it's a waste of time. I can't remember if I mentioned this , but last month...I literally waited an hour to see the doctor (my appointment was at 1:30...got in to see the doc at 2:40) for a 10 second appointment. Paid $9 for parking and was really not impressed. I have to laugh, as they say to eliminate as much stress in your life as possible to help fight what's happening, but sometimes I think it's the docs that cause a lot of stress..hahahahahahaha. I did send an email off to patient services..and then received a phone call saying they are looking into their policies. We'll see if anything changes..you never know if you don't ask. Seems silly to lay off nurses, then do unnecessary procedures that waste money!

I love these!! I want to make myself a few t-shirts!




So, today is treatment #2..I tell ya, I think I should have been a topless waitress...I never thought I'd see the day that I'd be so comfortable taking off my shirt. I guess modesty goes out the window when something becomes so common. The radiation oncology nurses so far are great. The lady I had yesterday actually only lives 15 minutes from me!

If anyone EVER sees a set of pink boxing gloves, let me know, I would LOVE to have a set! I can't wait to be able to say I'm a survivor..although I guess I could say it now, I think it would be more appropriate when treatments are complete. Not sure if there is protocol when it comes to this or not.

I love this one especially...

Have a wonderful Wednesday!!

Keep Smilin'




3 comments:

Tina said...

Hi T, just wanted to say HI!! Keep up the great attitude! You are kicking butt! :o)

pajl said...

Love ya T!
Keep fighting....xo

Denise Gay said...

Pink boxing gloves would be so sweet!

Keep on kickin' ass kiddo!