Thursday, September 30, 2010

Almost Over...at least this step

Today was radiation treatment #17 of 21..just 4 more to go. These last 5 are what is called a 'boost' The first 16 were treating the whole breast, chest wall and everything in and around. The 'burn' is a square patch covering the entire breast. These last 5 are directed right at the spot the tumor was removed to give it an extra zap!!! I'm so flippin tired...I actually fell asleep coming back from the hospital today..just a couple hours after getting out of bed..that normally never happens. I wish I could say this was the end of this nightmare, but nope...I still have Herceptin treatments until next spring...providing my heart holds out. It has affected it before, and I'll find out tomorrow if it's been affected again. I'm hoping not, I'd like to keep the treatments going for extra peace of mind.
I will likely go back to my old job in a couple weeks, at least for a few hours here and there. Financially yes I need to , but honestly I'm not looking forward to being there. I never liked my job before and not being there in the last 8 months hasn't bothered me at all. I know I won't be able to do my normal hours, I'm just way too tired so we'll see what happens.
Reece will be home from school soon, so I need to get something going for dinner....have a great evening !!
Keep Smilin'

No comments: