Monday, September 6, 2010

Day One..........

starts tomorrow..the first of 21 radiation treatments. What this means is every single weekday I have to drive 40 minutes to and from Barrie for a 15 minute treatment. I could arrange to stay in Barrie..but it would be by myself..and with no money, what the heck would I do for the rest of the day after treatment is done!!! I am still very tired although I did just mention to my friend Jenn, that I think it's because I don't rest enough. I know I should. They say radiation causes fatigue as well, but apparently it can come from the travelling to and from more so then the treatment itself!!
I also need to lose quite a bit of weight to be healthy. Being overweight can be a huge factor in recurrence. I did just return from my first walk. I didn't go far but far enough that my heart rate was pumping and I could feel it in my legs, so it's a start. I just need to do it every single day...and to push myself to go farther! I have been looking around for a treadmill..CHEAP of course LOL..so with any luck I'll find one.
I found this awesome site
Look at this stuff, it's so adorable~ I am definitely going to be placing an order...just as soon as I can. H



So you might have noticed, I've changed my blog a bit...mainly got rid of the sunflower, although I love sunflowers, I absolutely love PINK even better..and thought it more fitting to have a pink blog!

Do you ever have those moments that just make you shake your head? I think I've said this before...but I think when you are faced with something serious like cancer it makes you look at others differently...and wonder what makes people do the things they do. When we had money and could buy the things we wanted/needed..we just did. I didn't throw it into peoples faces that we were able to buy stuff, we just did it. I especially didn't 'brag' to people that I knew for a fact weren't as well off as we were at the time. This has happened to us a few times lately...and I just can't for the life of me figure out what possesses people to act like this. I guess it makes them feel better to know they have more then the other person which is fine...just don't shove it down their throat!! Ok, that's my rant for today...hahahahaha ranting is supposed to be good for you..as long as you can let it all go once you're done!!!

I'm off to scrap...I have a few challenges I'd like to get done for Scrap~tures

Keep Smilin'


4 comments:

Wendance Designs said...

You can do it, T!! you have amazing strength and can get through this!

Michelle said...

Wishing you all the best with your treatments!!! I am hoping that the end is near!!! And this will be the last of them!! I hear you on the money issue. I have people do that to us all the time as well. I find it so utterly annoying! I am glad that Reece found the supplies helpful!! I was hoping they were things she needed!!!

pajl said...

yep..my friend, you ARE one tough chick!
If anyone can do it..it is you..
You got a tight circle of friends & family too to see you through it..
xo

Scrap~tures said...

You'll get through this too missy! You've come this far and I know you'll just keep on truckin'! Be strong as always.
xoxo