Thursday, September 23, 2010

MIA again...

Man, I can't believe how many days just zip on by. I have had a week from hell..in terms of time on the computer.

My computer was running slow so I took it to the doctor (heck, it belongs to me, so therefore needs a doc too..go figure) I had a virus among other things so it's been in the 'shop' for 3 days.

The running to radiation every morning is taking it's toll on me and Sean...it's so tiring. I offered to go myself so he could rest..as all the driving is really reaking havoc on his back, but he refused...which I knew he would but I wanted to offer anyway.

I have let down my friend Denise, in not fullfilling my committment to her with regards to Scrap~tures..but with any luck she'll forgive me!!

I also found out last weekend that I'm going to be a grandma...HOLY FREAKIN MOLY ( and I mean that in a good way) My daughter is 20 years old and has been with the baby's father for over a year. No, this wasn't' planned but sometimes the best things in life are surprises. She's has an amazing support system with Sean and I..and with any luck a few more will ride the train with us. My good friend Nicole even offered to babysit. Another acquaintance offered all kinds of baby stuff..no charge! All I can think of is all the new scrapbook pages I can create...I didn't start scrapping until after my kids were way past the baby stage, so this is going to be soooooo much fun!!!!

I have some pictures to show you, but it's late, so I'll upload them later. A good friend of mine gave me a bracelet. It's so pretty..with tiny breast cancer symbols on it. Krystal (my daughter) also gave me a necklace that is truly priceless. I also have a great picture of my girls to upload.

I just finished round 12 of 21 radiation treatments. I do have a radiation burn which at this point looks like a sun burnt boobie. It's likely going to get worse , but I'm hoping I can keep it from breaking the skin..which makes it harder to heal. I have a cream I apply at least twice a day and have went a couple of days without a bra to ease in the discomfort. I would much rather wear a bra though. I don't complain though..I see the pain Sean is in everyday, so what's going on with me is pretty minor.

We stopped at Mom's today and picked up a cane to see if it would alleviate some of the pain Sean gets when he walks. It was my grandpa's cane...and so far seems to be helping. Sean said to mom that he never thought he'd see the day that he'd use a cane. Even my mom at 67 years old could run circles around Sean. It's hard to hold back the tears when I see and hear the pain he's in 24/7. There is no amount of money in this world that could fix him and that makes me so sad
:(

That's all for now, it's late and I need to head to bed. I'm so exhausted....although I think it's more from pushing myself to do more then I should be rather then the treatments them self..but who really knows for sure

Keep Smilin'

3 comments:

Denise Gay said...

There's nothing to forgive my friend. Just take care of yourself! There are far more important things in life than paper and glue!

Wait...what the heck am I saying??? LOL

Just 'T' said...

hahahahaha,....yeah woman, what were you thinking

pajl said...

LOL
you guys are funny...
T...The only thing I can say..is hang in there girlfriend..
No idea why Sean and you going through these difficult times..it HAS to get better...you guys just believe that...
"Live" ya my friend..and even a big HUG to Sean ok?