Sunday, October 10, 2010

Burn baby burn!

Yep, the radiation burn is so uncomfortable. It hurts to wear a bra or camisole, but is uncomfortable to not wear one too :S I told mom I'd try coming back to work on Tuesday but if I don't feel better I'm not sure I'll be going back. Doctor said the side effects peak in the two weeks following last treatment so I guess this is what he meant. The burn gets worse :( Under my arm is swollen which makes it hard to sleep. I can't sleep on my right side, hurts too much. If I sleep on my back all night it starts to ache and on my left side I need a pillow under my arm to cushion against the burn. Never take for granted getting a good nights sleep....I don't remember the last time I did. I hate to complain though, and most of the time I don't. It is what it is, can't change it, just need to give it time.
Happy Thanksgiving!!!! We have have lots to be thankful for so remember those things today.
Today is also my parents 46th wedding anniversary. Cool eh!
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month so remember to get your PINK ON!!
Keep Smilin'

3 comments:

Wendance Designs said...

I hope the burn goes away quickly!! Take care!! Thinking of you!

Chelle said...

I hope it heals quickly for you.

Dennis Pyritz, RN said...

Great Blog! You are a credit to the cancer blogging community. I have added you to my blogroll, “Cancer Blogs” with over 1000 other personal cancer blogs at www.beingcancer.net, a cancer networking site featuring a cancer book club, guest blogs, cancer resources, reviews and more.
If you have not visited before or recently, please stop by. If you agree that the site is a worthwhile resource for those affected by cancer, please consider adding Being Cancer Network to your own blogroll.
Now that you are listed, you can expect to gain a wider audience for your thoughts and experiences. Being Cancer Network is a place to share and communicate.
And like bloggers everywhere, I love receiving your comments and ideas.

Take care, Dennis (beingcancer@att.net)