Friday, October 29, 2010

Hello...Is it me your looking for???

Hello friends...it's been a while again.
I've started back to work, but now have two jobs so my time is once again limited. I went back to my old job which I think at this point is just a couple days a week. It's very tiring although i'm stubborn and won't let that slow me down, I can't. For those of you that don't know, I'm also a mortgage broker. Of course that's by commission only, so I need to 'get my name out there' so to speak, but I have to start somewhere. I started this career path before the cancer diagnosis...my theory was that it was my turn to take care of my family, since Sean no longer can. It was of course delayed by a few months thanks to someones idea that we needed more on or plate but I'm back and planning on kicking some financial woes ass!!
Hopefully by the time Mom & Dad sell the business and retire, I'll be a successful mortgage broker!!
Things have started to look up though, we went to court to have Sean's owing child support lowered, since he hasn't worked in two years. Of course the ex said 'no' but lucky for us, it wasn't her decision..we were so happy...it's DONE..NO MORE EX!!!!!
Sean received his 'termination' letter from his employer. We knew they wouldn't take him back after the injury (we even said this while he was flat on his back in the hospital). This of course also means his benefits are ending soon. Sean's drugs alone on a monthly basis are around $350 - 400 so this is the new obstacle to get over.
Sunlife has yet to agree that he has a permanent disability( too bad they wouldn't come and visit, to see just how bad he is) so if we don't get that changed, as of April 2011 he will have zero income as the disability payments will cease. We haven't given up on that yet, but need to get his doctor to submit paperwork...so fingers crossed this will work out too. If not, we'll persevere once again and make it work, we always do :)
What a couple of years we have had...and to be honest, we know of no other couple that has endured what we have. We've not once had to take any sort of medication to be able to get through it, we didn't start smoking again( lord knows how many of us have heard smoking calms the nerves) nor have we turned into alcoholics. We get up every day and thank each other for being there for the other one.
I have a few really good friends that I want to thank for being there every step of the way. You know who you are. I have to say that I thank scrapbooking for bringing us together. You have had nothing but encouraging words , hugs and smiles through everything Sean and I have had to endure and I have no doubt you'll be there forever. I can't thank you all enough for the unconditional friendship you have all given me. We all came together with one thing in common and it's made us great friends, regardless of our different situations, either financially or emotionally and I could never be more grateful!
Enough of this sappy stuff..it's Friday..LET'S PARTY!!!!
Keep Smilin'

4 comments:

Sassette said...

T, I am so happy to hear that all went well in court! At least that is one thing off your plate!
Hang in there girl! I am sure you are going to do GREAT as a mortgage broker and sooner than later things will start to fall into place for you!
I think of you often, and miss our daily chats!

Suzanne said...

You're an inspiration in so many ways T. Here's to LOTS of partying!

Denise Gay said...

:)

That's all I have to say.

pajl said...

Ditto what Denise said..."live ya T"
Can't wait to spend time with ya this weekend, just like the old times!