Thursday, December 9, 2010

1 Year ago today....

It's been a year since I found the lump that changed my life forever. I've read so many stories of woman who say having breast cancer was a blessing...I have yet to feel like that. I don't consider it a blessing, but I'm not bitter either. It has definitely changed me, the way I think. Sweat the small stuff...not anymore. Although I didn't do alot of that before anyway, even less now. I'm grateful for every day I have with my family. I've had a lot of laughs in the past year, mostly with the things people say. Sometimes it just makes you shake your head. Here's an example...


We were at a wedding in September. We were seated at a table with another couple that I've know of for quite some time. Being from a small town you know people without really knowing people. Of course, they knew me because of my parents being well known. Something was said about me having breast cancer. The wife half of this couple looked right at my chest and asked if I'd had a mastectomy. NOW, why would this be something someone would think would be their business in knowing. I'll never figure it out!


Or last week, we went to the Christmas party for the mortgage company I work with. The lady that I work with was telling another woman how upbeat I am, I'm always smiling, always positive, this after having breast cancer. The woman she was telling immediately looked at my chest. I almost spit out my wine it was that obvious hahahahaha


I can remember the night I found the lump, I likely will never forget that night. It was like yesterday. It was by far the worst night of my life, I was the most scared I had ever been in my life, but I am so grateful that my amazing husband was there for me. He put his arms around me and held me. It's always made me feel safer being in his arms and this night was no different.

I knew we had one hell of a journey ahead of us, but together we'd KICK CANCER'S ASS!!!

I'm am not done this journey yet, and to be honest I'm not sure I could ever consider myself 'done' but I do know it has made me a better person then I was before.

2011 is going to be an amazing year for both Sean and I, and my kids..I can feel it!

Thank you to all my friends who have been there for me. You are the best. It was awesome to know I could count on you guys to put a smile on my face whenever I needed it!

Keep Smilin'

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Here's to having this year behind you T! I'm hoping for nothing but a GREAT year ahead of you! XO