Sunday, December 26, 2010

Boxing Day..2010

Hello all! Hope your Christmas has been one of the best ever!!
Today we are off to my mom's for the festivities. I found out yesterday I don't think I'll be seeing my oldest daughter Krystal, the doc things she has pneumonia...and with being pregnant that's not good. They couldn't do a chest x-ray, so he told her to go home and rest for a few days and don't go anywhere. She lives in Mississauga as well, so we'll have to make arrangements to go see her and her boyfriend when she's better. I still can't get sick, or I won't be able to get my Herceptin treatments. They are given to me in the chemo suite at the hospital, so if I'm sick, i could get the chemo patients sick and that's not good. I have to make sure I stay healthy so I can finish my treatments....only 7 more to go!!
I had my regular echo cardiogram last Thursday, and I'm pretty sure the 'pumping capabilities of my heart' have dropped..which could mean no treatment this week. This happened before, and the last time they waited a bit longer to give my heart a chance to repair itself. I guess I'll have to wait and see what the doc says this week. Nothing is ever simple! I hope my heart isn't permanently damaged. Could happen. With every drug there are so many side effects. I know the doc will say that they feel the benefit you get from the drug or treatment out weighs the side effects..but still. Did you know radiation treatment can cause leukemia in approximately 10 years? What a wonderful thing to have to have sitting in the back of your mind for the next 10 years!
We were at our friends on Christmas eve for a few drinks, and when we got home we found a plate of home made goodies and a card from some life long family friends. This couple has been in my life since birth...when I was 5 years old, my parents went to Hawaii and I stayed at their house. The goodies were yummy! Everything from date squares to butter tarts...hmmmmm
Inside the card was also some money. They really didn't have to do that. I know they mean well but it makes me feel awkward. I've never been one to take handouts.
Well that's it for today...I need to get the veggies and dip and the cheese tray ready for my Mom's...have a great day!
Keep Smilin'

No comments: