Sunday, January 9, 2011

So, I found out my new grandbaby.....

is going to be a BOY.
I've seen some of the the cutest outfits lately...I can't wait.
Hard to believe I'm going to be a grandma...OY...I thought I had years before this happened. Not that it's a bad thing, but grandma sounds so...'old'
I'm sure I'll get over it!!!
I also found out that a very very very good friend of mine is moving away :(
They are hoping to have their house on the market in April. They moved here for her husbands job, and he's since been unable to work due to a severe back injury as well. Their two kids are grown up, and have 'lives' of their own so they are heading back to where they came from. It's only about 1 1/2 hours away, but that's sooooooo far considering now she's 5 minutes and I drive by her house every single day.
I'm sad...I truly am. I know I'm going to cry and it almost seems silly. I asked her if there was cell service or Internet where she was going and she doesn't think so..it's pretty remote. She used to always joke about moving back home and living like gypsies...well I guess that's what they are going to do.
This lady has been my 'second' rock through all of last year. She even offered to shave her head the minute I lost my hair. I convinced her not too...after all, I was planning on wearing a wig! Every single appointment I had, I would always get a text message telling me she was thinking of me.
She's one of those women that you know, no matter what happens, she's always be right there. Even typing this has me fighting back tears. It almost feels like I'm back in school...and my 'buddy' is moving away. I'm know I'll be fine, and I'll get over it..after all...I'm tough!
We also received a letter Friday from the insurance company Sean is dealing with saying that they are still taking the reports from the physiotherapist and his family doctor from June of 2009, and will not reverse their decision. They are saying he's capable of working as long as he can sit for no longer then 20 minutes, stand for no longer then 20 minutes etc etc etc and that this qualifies him for a supervisory job in an automotive assembly plant. Guess what gave them that idea??? A computer program. To bad the computer doesn't tell that that not very many people start at the supervisor position in automotive plants. Almost all the time, you start at the bottom, online..and he can't do that.
This is exactly what he was doing, plus driving a forklift. He can no longer drive a forklift but now they are saying he's capable. I couldn't imagine him having to walk in work boots for very long. If he sits for 2o minutes or more, he can hardly walk after that. So, we have aprox 3 more months of benefit payments then they just stop. If we can't prove he's not able to work, we are once again in big trouble financially. Right now his payments pay our mortgage and a wee bit extra, but without that, I don't make enough to even pay the mortgage, let alone everything else. I'm trying to get the mortgage business off the ground, but these things take time.
We are going to contact a lawyer and get their opinion. Every time we mention this to his doctor he just says 'well, insurance companies want you off their books' to which I say 'I know they do, but sometimes a person should be on their books'.
Anyway, that's what's happening in my world right now..so if any of you have some good luck you want to toss this way, I'd sure appreciate it and believe me..I'd return the favor in a heartbeat..but I don't think the kind of luck I have, anyone would want.
Keep Smilin'

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I wish I had some good advice for you. But, governments are different up there than here in the states, I think. My mother has a really bad back. Her spine is deteriorating. She can not stand or sit for more than the 20-30 min. like Sean. It took a lot of fighting, but she did get permanent disability. Did his Dr. write a letter stating that he can not work anymore? Insurance down here fought it too... hang in there. Keep fighting! I hope they will give him the perm. disability!!!

Just 'T' said...

Thanks Michelle..We aren't done fighting that's for sure!

Scrap~tures said...

I "heart" you my friend. :)

pajl said...

Live ya too T!
Keep that fighting spirit!!
xo