Monday, February 7, 2011

Things Just Keep Getting Better!

Yesterday, Sean came home from the store to tell me the wheel bearing is gone again in our truck. He replaced it (with a used one) in December. We aren't sure (and likely no real way to figure it out) if the one we bought was worn out already (you take your chances with a wrecking yard) or if something in our truck is causing it to happen.
Used = $85.00
New=$350-400
Hmm...easy to see which way we went!
We don't live in town, so having a vehicle is a must where we are. At the moment, Sean and I are both sitting here..wondering what to do next. I have a truck on hold to rent (I have to have 4x4 where I live) at the cost of a little over $100/day.
My mom has offered to pay this as she knows we can't. We're talking likely 3 days. Pretty sad actually...3 days of renting it would be a monthly payment on one if we could afford to buy a new one! She's also thinking that maybe buying us a used vehicle would be better right now..since ours does have so many miles on it. Who knows what will happen...we'll have to wait and see I guess.
Funny...I have certain persons in my life that seem to think I'm rolling in money....I sure wish I was, because being in this situation sucks!!
I am still pulling for 2011 to be a better year. I guess there isn't much else you can do but keep getting back up when you get knocked down..right?
Keep Smilin'

No comments: