Wednesday, May 11, 2011

2011 : A Great Year!

Thanks to my friend Christa who reminded me that


Dr. Seuss said it best ::


Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”


2011 has so far proven to be a year for change and so far, it's all been amazing.



This year, Sean and I will become grandparents. We are sooooo excited!!! Krystal is due in just 4 more days!!
My grandson is in there!!!!!!!The hand on the right is Krystal's, the one on the left is Jeremy's.



What an perfect picture!!


This year, Sean will start a new career, one he's been wanting to do for over 20 years. Maybe falling off the roof was actually a blessing in disguise, they say those do exist!






This year, Reece will finish her elementary school career with 9 years of perfect attendance. Her dad and I couldn't be more proud. She told us at the age of 6 when she came home after her final day of kindergarten that she was going to do this until grade 12. Just 4 more years to go.





I have debated over the last few days on whether or not to continue with my blog. This was my place to say what I want, when I want , however I want. Unfortunately there have been a couple instances where people have assumed I'm speaking about them, and instead of simply asking me , they've taken it upon themselves to be confrontational with me.


This is one of the things that has been said to me


"If you are putting your feelings out there for the world to see, you should accept people's reactions to it, good or bad"



I disagree. Unless I specifically say a person's name, no one should just assume it's about them until they ask. I am not doing this for people's opinions.


It's funny...another friend said I shouldn't let 'one bad apple' stop me from blogging. How true!!


I started this blog to be able to type out whatever I wanted, to get my feelings out there. I can type much faster then I can write, which is why I chose to do it this way.


I will say that my life has changed a lot since December of 2009 when I discovered I had cancer. I knew right there and then that I was going to fight with whatever means I had to make sure I was here for my family. This year has so far given us some great things, but we have also lost some family members with others in a fragile state.


Sean has lost both a grandfather and grandmother and an uncle in a span of 2 months. He only has one grandmother left. We've spent a lot of time running back and forth to her house , which unfortunately is 2 hours away from where we live. It's time consuming and tiring but it's something we all do for family.


I will continue to blog, and all that I ask is that if you read something, and think there is a chance it's about you, please feel free to ask. I'll be honest..I have no reason not to be. I do however ask that you don't jump down my throat until you do know the truth. I also want to thank those that continue to read my entires and follow me :) I appreciate you all more then you'll ever know!


Onward and upward for 2011 and beyond...and like Dr. Suess said



“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”


1 comment:

Shannon said...

T, I hope you know that we love you and we are here for you. Congrats to Sean on his new career. My brother got his licence a few years ago and he loves it....freedom!

Hope Reece reaches her achievement in grade 12....that would really be something to be celebrated (especially today)!

Hope you get to see that grandbaby soon!

<3