Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Monkey always on your back.......

I spoke with my father - in -law a while back and he said this damn cancer would always be a monkey on my back. I sort of fluffed it off..thinking...I'll be damned if I let it consume me. Now I'm thinking you don't have a choice.....

It's the first thing you think of when you wake up and the last thing you think of when you go to sleep at night.


Here is my soul, recharged
This girl, she..
has been dissected, ripped and turned into a disaster
This girl, she..has filled her veins with poison in the name of health
This girl, she...
is endlessly reminded of death due to the scars near her hear
This girl, she...
finds dizzying comfort in a dinner plate.
This girl, she...
says thanks for the dark times--
leaving room for the light.
This girl, she...
thirsts to recognize the girl in the mirror.
This girl, she wants to be whole again.
This girl, she tries not to escape grace.
This girl, grateful for every day that she wakes up , and can face life head on.


Never underestimate the power of your soul xoxoxoxo

Keep Smilin'



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



 

No comments: