Saturday, January 7, 2012

How Far Would You Go?

So, Thursday evening, Reece was at her friends ( I dropped her off on my way to work Thursday morning) I worked until almost closing because I had no one to come home to. Sean was on his way back to Mississauga from Sudbury, but we had no idea what he'd be doing after that. The company has slowed down, and will for approx 3 weeks, typical January after Christmas. I got home, ate a chicken breast I had in the fridge. Sean said he'd call when he got to the yard, which he did, at about 7:45pm. He says they don't have a load for him that night...did I want to come spend the night with him. OH MY, I was so excited, I still get butterflies in my tummy when I know I'm going to see him. Funny thing is, we've been together for almost 18 years!
I grabbed a change of clothes and jumped in my truck and headed to Mississauga. From our place it's just over an hour.
We went to get something to eat, 1/2 price wing night at Kelsey's ...had a couple beers, since he wasn't driving it wasn't an issue. It was a totally awesome evening. It almost felt like we were teenagers on a date. Remember way back when you first started going out with your significant other, or a boyfriend you once had. You'd do almost anything to see them , well that's how I still feel about Sean. Sounds corny maybe, but I wish everyone could feel this way!!!
How far would you go to see your man??? I've done this a few times, even if just a few minutes. I think some people think I'm nuts, but I don't think so!
So, since I don't work Fridays, I wasn't in a rush to leave. I spent the entire day in Mississauga with Sean. He had to take his truck over to a place to get the APU fixed. That's the unit that heats his bunk. I met him there, and we just wondered around Costco to kill time. We had to find a Staples too, so I could fax papers for a mortgage I'm doing to the office which took some time too. If I hadn't of been there he would have had to sit in the lounge waiting on his truck. It wasn't ready until 4:30 , he dropped it off at 11:30! The dispatcher in Mississauga, both the day shift and afternoon shift are friends of ours, so we chatted with them for a bit. Went on a coffee run for the dispatchers and the security guard. It was just a fun day. We found out once his truck was done that they weren't sending him back out until Monday, so we could go home. He took the truck home, so I followed him out of the city, stopped in Shelburne to pick Reece up and then came home. It was just one of those days that everything is unplanned, a play by ear kind of day.
Today has been a fairly lazy day too. We did a bit of grocery shopping, had to meet up with the broker in my office to give her a couple documents then home. We have a 10lb chicken on our barbecue and I'm watching Reece play WII. I'm trying not to think about the MRI results. I have a feeling that everything is fine, but still in the back of my mind I have to be realistic and realize that there could be a problem. Hopefully this week I'll know!
We have no plans for tomorrow, just one of those days!!
Have a great weekend!!
Keep Smilin'

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

That's awesome that you two are still so in love. My husband worked 2 1/2 hours away from home for over 2 years. He left on Mondays and came home on Thursdays. I surprised him as often as I could with a week day visit and even stayed a day longer than planned a time or two. I am still grateful every night that we crawl in bed and wake up together. I'm hoping you get great news from your MRI T!