Sunday, January 29, 2012

Weekends are simply the best!!

For most it's because we don't have to work, and yes I guess that's part of it, but for me it's because Sean is home :) He got home yesterday morning around 10:30am and we are now parking his tractor at our friends place just a few minutes from where we live. We went over yesterday, went in and started chatting then we stayed until about 1:30 in the morning. We were looking after our grandson Noah , so I had Krystal bring him to Dayle and Kevin's. We had lunch and dinner, and boy did we talk...about just about everything. It was really a lot of fun. We had a bit of a blizzard all evening, but I drove home in it and was pretty proud of myself for being able to do that actually.
Noah was really good. He's now on a bottle, which is so much easier for the rest of us to look after him. He's so darn cute! We put him to bed at Dayle and Kevin's, woke him up , had to play a bit wit him. Grandpa talked like Donald Duck to him, and the smile on his face was huge! Put him back to bed I think around 2am. He woke up at 3:30, I put him in bed with us (I was exhausted!) and he slept until 8:30 this morning!
Sean is now trying to fix our SUV..it has air suspension and the air bag is leaking so it won't hold the air. It's an awful bouncy ride without suspension, so he's working on putting regular springs into it. We weren't going to both fixing it, but we can't leave it for a couple of months like this, and that's when I'll likely be able to drive our little pick up again, once the snow is gone. The plan is to buy a new or new to us pick up truck in the spring if we can.
I also plan on being caught up with our bills by the end of February so we will be right back on track, to where we were when Sean got hurt over 3 years ago!
Well I finally figured out how the Cuttlebug works. I've been frustrated with it for over a week. The stupid thing is, I've had it since last May but didn't do anything with it except remove it from the box and put it into storage. Finally pulled it out, and with some perseverance, I figured out how to use it. I am looking forward to using it more often. I wish I could have it out all the time, but just isn't room to do that. I'm still in just a wee corner of our unfinished basement.
I've started to scrap more, I'd like to start making more cards too, maybe try and sell some , who knows.
I'm also going to work seriously on my mortgage business. I did another one for a friend that closed last Tuesday! I'm so pumped when I get someone interested, it's just too bad they are few and far between at this point, but everything takes time.
Anyway, gotta run, it's 6:30pm and I think my dinner (barbecued ribs) should soon be done
have a great evening
Keep Smilin'

No comments: